12.03.2004

Seed Idea: See through visors

One afternoon, I was driving into the sunset (it was the end of the movie...) and could barely see. I flipped down the visor to keep the direct sun out of my eyes. When I stopped at a red light, I couldn't see the light (I was the first car in line) due to the angle, so I had to keep ducking for looks, peeking and getting blinded. The visor in our car has an extender which slides out of the side to give the driver coverage around the rearview mirror. The extender is a darkly tinted plastic, but still translucent. Why not make the visor out of this material? Or at least sell an after-market snap on piece that would do the same? You could at least see the light change that way and then flip down the opaque visor for when you're driving. I'm sure someone's done this.

No comments: