12.01.2004

Seed Ideas

One of the things that always seems to happen to me is that I'll get these idea nuggets and never follow up on them. Normally they'll come to me in the shower, while I'm driving, lying in bed before going to sleep, that kind of thing. I've tried to incorporate the habits everyone talks about like leaving a journal on the side of the bed or carrying a notepad in the car, but those never really caught on with me. Of course, this may not either.

I vacillated between the terms "Seed Ideas" and "Idea Seeds" before settling. Idea Seeds implies that these snippets aren't fully realized ideas - incomplete. They're something that should start the growth of an idea. Seed Ideas implies an entire idea that grows into something larger.

I'm not writing these ideas down to make sure I follow up on them later, because I probably won't. I suppose it's kind of a archival thing.

And if anyone does follow up on these and make a million bazillion dollars, at least give me props.

No comments: