7.30.2005

Bad blogger!

Sorry for the dearth of posting lately. Work's starting to pick back up again (remember March and April?), the Braves are winning and I'm trying to get ready to DM our next campaign (including building out the dungeon using Hirst Arts molds). Actually, Sean wants me to blog about the dungeon building. Maybe I should post about that.

I have continued my reading (finished The Traveler and A Spectacle of Corruption and mostly through the new Harry Potter) and will post about that soon.

I've been thinking lately about my lack of posting. I think it's based in my tendency to be a listener rather than a speaker. I know most people have heard the old axiom: "Better to keep silent and have others think one a fool than speak and prove them right." Or, "God gave you two ears and one mouth, you do the math." I've always tended to listen to other more than speak unless drunk - then I get all talky. Translated into the web world, I tend to read a lot of other people's work rather than write my own. This habit has nothing to do with my perceived value of my work and writing versus others, simply that I'd rather read others thoughts than write out my own. I will say this, though: I rarely read someone's blog more than once if I don't see value in their writing. And just because I don't post or comment on another's blog doesn't mean I don't agree or feel they have something of worth to say. I suppose what I'm trying to say is: Shakes, 1031, Pam, John and all the rest, I enjoy reading your thoughts each day. Even if I don't always explicitly say so or respond. So keep up the good work, all.

1 comment:

david golbitz said...

I get that way, too, when I drink, all talky and babbly. I don't know why. I always figured I'd be one of those quiet, brooding drunks, always wearing black, who sits in the corner thinking melancholy thoughts about love and death and everything in-between.

Oh well. I still have time for that, I suppose.

Looking forward to your thoughts about The Traveler. I think my mother is going to read it next. I'm fairly certain she'll have questions when she's done.

And I don't think I gave many spoilers, if any, in my Historian post. Good book.