7.11.2005

Long Distance Dedication

We signed up to XM Radio a couple of months ago and have been tickled pink with it. It's like discovering music all over again. Plus, they broadcast every stage of Live 8, no MTV-like interruptions. I've been meaning to write about how cool it is, but tonight forced my hand. One of the stations is called "Fred" and plays Deep Alternative: imagine the coolest college rock station (WRVU for those who didn't have local college rock) from 1986 and triple its coolness factor. That's Fred. Anyway, I'm listening to it, getting ready to work on some hobby crap when a Smiths song comes on: Shakespeare's Sister. So I had to post and tell the story. If you like music, you'll love XM.

2 comments:

Melissa McEwan said...

I thought that if you had an acoutic guitar
That it meant that you were
A protest singer
Oh, I can smile about it now
But at the time it was terrible


La dee da, la dee da...

:-)

Melissa McEwan said...

Err...acoustic.