7.22.2005

Time to re-evaluate

The Irish Examiner reports that a new treaty between Ireland and the US will allow the US to practice its illegal investigatory habits in that country. The treaty allows the US to ask Irish authorities to
To track down people in Ireland.

Transfer prisoners in Irish custody to the US.

Carry out searches and seize evidence on behalf of the US Government.

It also allows US authorities access to an Irish suspect's confidential bank information. The Irish authorities must keep all these activities secret if asked to do so by the US.

Ireland was one of the countries I had picked out to emigrate to if it all goes bad here, dangit. Now I'll have to pick a new homeland.

1 comment:

david golbitz said...

Scotland, perhaps? When was the last time they ever had any trouble? Braveheart?

I've always thought about western Canada, myself. I hear Vancouver is lovely, and they film lotsa tv shows up there.