6.20.2005

Books: Revenge of the Sith


I wrapped up Revenge of the Sith Saturday night after my step-sister's wedding. All in all a pretty good book. It contains a lot more detail about the plot than the movie (obviously) - it's nice to be able to see what's going on inside the character's heads. My only gripe is the repeated use of a stilted "This is how it feel to be XXX right now:" bit. At many of the climactic scenes, Stover uses this construction to try to draw the reader into the affected character's ego but it just falls flat. Other than this relatively small complaint, I'd recommend this for any sci-fi and/or Star Wars fan. In fact, it makes me want to read the preceeding two books and possibly some of the rest of the canonical work to get the full story, especially more on General Grievous, Episode III's answer to Boba Fett & Darth Maul.

I've not yet determined my next book. I'm torn between Royal Flash and Spectacle of Corruption. Well, we shall see.

No comments: