1.11.2005

Franz Ferdinand

One of my favorite albums from last year was Franz Ferdinand's eponymous debut. They're now up for 5 Brit awards: Best Group, Best Album, Best Breakthrough Act, Best Rock and Best Live Act. What sucks for me is that I bought their album on a Tuesday. The next day they played their final US date in Atlanta (easy 2 1/2 drive from here). Had we known, the Mrs. and I would have jumped at the chance to see them live. Now we'll have to pay $50 to see them the next time they come through...dammit.

1 comment:

Melissa McEwan said...

I hate it when that happens.

Luckiest break of the year: saw The Killers open for Morrissey at the House of Blues in Chicago, just before Hot Fuss broke big.

Also a stroke of luck in that they are the best band he's chosen to open for him probably ever. Gallon Drunk was tolerable. Phranc was a true low. Most aren't even remotely memorable.