1.25.2005

Oscar Nominations

Yep, they came out today. First thoughts:

  • No Paul Giamatti. Damn.
  • Hawkeye gets a supporting nod.
  • It looks like Laura Linney is Kinsey's sole nom.
  • Christ: 3 ... F9/11: 0
  • Supporting actress is the same as the Globes with the exception of Meryl (add Sopie Okonedo).
  • Mike Liegh's directing nomination for Vera Drake seems out of place. Not sure why.
  • THINKFilm's got two docu noms. I've heard lots of good things about thier Story of the Weeping Camel.
  • That Mick Jagger song that won the Globe. Not even nominated. And it still sucks.
  • Both screenplay awards look pretty tight.
  • Mrs P want Don Cheadle to win Best Actor.
  • Great list for Best Picture. I'll pick Million Dollar Baby for early lead.

2 comments:

david golbitz said...

I was pretty bummed, too, that Giamatti wasn't nominated.

I'm kinda pulling for Cheadle, too, because he's always been one of my favorite actors, but after watching Jamie Foxx in Ray last night, I can't imagine him not winning.

And I thought it was pretty sweet that Brad Bird got a screenwriting nomination for The Incredibles.

Pierce said...

I meant to mention Brad's nominations. I've been a Simpsons fan for what seems like forever.